The PTSC was established by the Public Transport Service Act, No. 2 of 1965, Chapter 48:02. Under the Act, the PTSC is mandated to provide a “safe, adequate, economic and efficient public transportation system, adapted to the needs of the country.”
The legislation empowers the PTSC to:
- Carry goods and passengers by rail and by road;
- Store goods;
- Consign goods on behalf of other persons from any place in Trinidad and Tobago to any other place therein;
- Provide such amenities and facilities for passengers and other persons making use of the services provided by it as appears to it requisite or expedient to provide.
- In performing its functions, the PTSC shall provide:
1) Commuter transportation solutions through the following services:
- Fixed Route Services
- Para Transit – ELDAMO
- School Transport – Public/ Private contract arrangements with maxi taxi operators
- Charters – private, commercial and ad hoc
- Tours- Know Your Country Tours
2) Non- Transport Business:
- Real estate rental (including advertising)
Our Mission Statement
The pride of our people, our mission is to provide a safe, cost-effective, reliable bus transportation system across communities.
World class, self-sufficient bus transportation provider, moving people forward.
Integrity, Openness, People- Focused, Efficiency, Respect, Accountability
The PTSC’s approved Strategic Plan 2021-2023 is a road map to guide the successful modernization of the Corporation’s Operations to improve the quality and reliability of service delivered to the population.